Thursday, August 2, 2007

A 2 Liter of Semen--and some musings on the injector's inability to properly contribute to the creation of this sugar patch

This month has been a brutal roller coaster of emotion. I guess that is what life is in general, but I've discovered that this whole trying to get with child thing really sends me surfing on a giant wave--a wave that I am trying to ride gracefully, but alas my feet are too shifty and my balance leaves much to be desired.

KK is up in the air about whether or not to go to Chicago this month. We cannot afford for both of us to go--time wise or money wise--, so I will stay home if she does decide to go. All of this means that I will not be the injector if she tries this month. This leaves K terribly sad and it leaves me feeling as powerless as I've been feeling throughout this process.

Plus, our dear friends are moving away and their good-bye party is right when the egg might decide to drop, so K is thinking that maybe the egg should just drop into a sperm-free cavity this time around.

All of this has become too complicated with the don don living so far away. K is exploring freezing techniques--without clinical intervention--and I am wishing hard for a penis and testes so that I can just knock her up all by myself.

When I wake in the morning to the teary eyed gaze of the love of my life leaning over and whispering, "I wish you could just roll on top of me and make me pregnant," I have to wonder about this desire for offspring in conjunction with the inability for our bodies together to create new life. Of course, we have the wonderful muscle push of my hand surrendering someone else's sperm into her special parts, but it is nothing like the jiz really belonging to me.

Not that I am a semen envier; I really could do entirely without the stuff. Which brings me to the most disgusting thing I've pictured in my head in a long time. In the hot August heat of last night, we were shooting the shit about semen, yet again, with some friends. When we stumbled into the scary vision of one of the fellows storing his daily ejaculation in a 2 liter for a week (or maybe more) and giving it to me to inspect. How vile and laughable all at once! I wonder if it rots?

4 comments:

Kate said...

as i lay me down to sleep visions of rotting semen in a 2 liter are dancing through my head.

Amanda said...

Wow. That IS a rough thought!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. i feel your pain about not being able to get your partner pregnant yourself. i spent two and a half years in that state of frustration, feeling completely helpless. Things are strangely different now that i'm trying--i definitely feel more in control, but at the same time it kind of feels like i'm setting myself up for some alien invasion of my womb.
i just never thought about it being me before now. Very strange.
Good luck, and i hope that despite the bad timing, things do work out this month.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Order Pills Antibacterial said...

I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information.