Friday, February 8, 2008

What if when we are dead we only hear REO Speedwagon songs in our heads?

Last night i dreamed an REO Speedwagon song. By dream a song, i mean that words and music blasted through my head and i saw no images; i saw nothing but a black void and heard the sappy lyrics of "can't fight this feeling". It was like a nightmare.

Why did it happen to me?

Is it because my friend told me his family had been playing Journey all day long in rememberance of his mama who just passed away?

Think of it--the music of a cheese-pop hair band, that relies on sweeping climaxes in both lyric and music, roaring through your head forever amidst the landscape of an enormous black space. I call it a scary version of hell.

"And I can't fight this feeling anymore.
I've forgotten what I started fighting for.
It's time to bring this ship into the shore,
And throw away the oars, forever."

did i pass my personal hell into your head too?

1 comment:

Zoe the Wonder Dog said...

No, I am strong!!!!! HaHaHaHa! Oh wait, crap.... I'll get you back, just you wait.